During the holidays, you have enough on your plate without having to worry about the safety of your home. These 8 tips can keep your home safe and secure, wherever your holiday travels take you.
- Let neighbors know you'll be out of town so they can keep an eye out for suspicious activity.
- Automate lights in your home, either through light timers or smart light switches that can be controlled remotely via smartphone or tablet.
- Automate temperature through smart thermostats that can be controlled remotely.
- Put a hold on mail deliveries or subscriptions. A package sitting on a front step for days can be a target.
- Lock vehicles and ensure no garage openers or house keys are left inside overnight.
- Schedule lawn maintenance as normal to give the illusion that you're home.
- Check with your neighborhood watch or local police station to see if your home can be added to a vacant house list.
- Install a video doorbell or motion detector to keep an eye on any comings and goings.
Looking to buy, sell or invest in real estate? Let's talk about it. Call us today to arrange a personalized consultation.